With winter arrival being only a few weeks ahead your time to 'take care of business' outdoors is ticking away! Have you shared your love with your landscape lately? Here are a few ways to protect your investment and keep your landscape healthy:
- Mulch around the base of trees and shrubs to protect them from frostbite. NOTE: Beware of using the free mulch from your local municipality. While the price is great, they often are host to disease from the trees of which they were ground.
- Prune dead branches from trees and bushes. This is a great time to also 'shape' them for their spring rebirth.
- Remove the blossoms from bushes.
- Cut back the ornamental grasses.
- Cover small plants and seedlings with pots/buckets to protect them from the weight of snow.
- Wrap sensitive plants and trees with burlap or tree wrap. You could also provide stakes to support young ones!
- Visit your local garden center to scoop up the end-of-season deals. You can still plant if it is earlier enough for rooting before the frost arrives!
Author:Denise Krogman Phone: 715-222-6262 Dated: November 14th 2016 Views: 1,561 About Denise: I am a Realtor who LOVES what she does … and it shows!
Having my license since 2001, I have ha...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Your Hometown Real Estate Company! Property Executives Realty's team of professional Brokers and Realtors serves Western Wisconsin and Eastern Minnesota for all realty and real estate needs.
Whether you are buying or selling, you need a realtor that has full access to the MLS listings and can help you search for properties or buyers for your home or property. Some of the locations that we are proud to serve in Wisconsin WI and Minnesota MN are: Hudson, River Falls, New Richmond, Somerset, Baldwin, Hammond, Roberts, Woodville, Amery, Woodbury, Lake Elmo, Afton, Stillwater and St. Paul.
Fall is here, and that means it is time to get ready for winter!
"We would definitely recommend Property Executives Realty to everyone we know. We were first time home buyers trying to buy a house in the midst of wedding planning. Not only did they help us find the PERFECT house for us newlyweds, they also helped coordinate all of the small things after our offer was accepted that made everything go extremely smooth! We can't thank them enough for how much easier it made the entire process so we could focus on our wedding day. They look out for their buyers and were very educational and knowledgeable about homes, lots, buildings, real estate in general, etc. Five stars across the board in our book! Thanks again!"